Job Title : Early Years Apprentice
Employer : Play2Day Nursery
Location : IP5 3RJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Education and Training
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01826
Vacancy Short Description : A rewarding opportunity to be part of a high quality caring environment for children whilst being trained as a Nursery Assistant. This includes creating a warm, friendly, stimulating atmosphere in which children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application and may be invited to complete an assessment at one of the campuses.
Vacancy Full Description : To work as part of the Nursery team as well as with the children and to complete all training and related assignments as set out in your training agreement.
Responsibilities / Duties include:
• College attendance / meeting with training provider and completing assignments on time
• To attend / complete all training relevant to the role and deemed appropriate by the Childcare Managers / training provider
• To attend training / team meetings and participate in sharing ideas, sometimes outside of working hours
• To support all staff and be an enthusiastic member of the team
• Under supervision provide all aspects of care children including washing, changing and feeding
• To assist with meeting the personal, social and emotional needs of individual children
• To provide adult interaction with children in the Nursery
• To be aware of the Nursery’s confidentiality policy and all other policies the Childcare Managers deem appropriate
• To contribute to good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness in the Nursery
• To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of all individual children
• To carry out all duties in compliance with the Nursery’s equal opportunities policy
• Be vigilant and aware of the needs of the children at all times
• To respect confidentiality of all information received
• To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents / carers to facilitate day to day caring and early learning needs
• To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold its standard at all times
• To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures
• To be aware of sections 7 & 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• To understand that, as part of training, you will be required to move to other parts of the Nursery and assist in different Nursery rooms
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Shifts TBC between Mon-Fri 7.30-6pm
Salary : £ 150.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 20/02/2022
Possible Start Date : 31/01/2022
Personal Qualities : Must be trustworthy, reliable with a friendly and approachable manner and good communication skills.
Skills Required : Must have an interest in child care.
Basic computer skills
Future Prospects : Train to level 3 if studying level 2
Recruitment to Early Years Educator in the Nursery.
Training to be Provided : Early Years Educators, and other job roles such as nursery nurse and childminders, are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. They work in a range of settings including full day care, children’s centres, preschools, reception classes and as childminders. They may either be working on their own or supervising others to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old. The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their chosen occupation.
The map below shows the employer's location