Job Title : Apprentice Import Export Administrator
Employer : Express United Freight Ltd
Location : Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 2QX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business, Administration, Finance and Law
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01778
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to begin a career as an import export administrator for a long established and prestigious freight forwarding company
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
Vacancy Full Description : In your day-to-day duties you could:
• manage freight bookings using a computer system
• check that order, tax and customs documents are correct
• work closely with national and international suppliers and agents
• arrange freight deliveries and collections between ports, airports and warehouses
• handle invoices and payments
• keep clients up to date with progress
• deal with any problems or delays
• Prepares documents and forms to move goods efficiently through import and export steps and procedures.
• Reviews paperwork and documents to ensure shipping, handling, storage charges, and customs fees are billed correctly.
• Maintains a database that tracks merchandise.
• Processes claims on merchandise shortages and overages.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Times TBC Mon-Fri
Salary : £ 269.23 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 16/08/2021
Possible Start Date : 23/08/2021
Personal Qualities : • Customer focused – you put the customer first.
• Able to show initiative
• Well organised
• Willing to learn
• Flexible attitude and hardworking
Skills Required : • Confident using the Microsoft Office package.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Strong communication skills.
• Exceptional time management.
• Attention to detail
• Be able to engage, ask, listen and relay information accurately.
Future Prospects : The long term prospects of a full time role are excellent following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : No regular college attendance required.
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks
Other Information : This is a busy working environment and at times you will be required to work under pressure to meet deadlines
The map below shows the employer's location