Job Title : Apprentice Business Administrator
Employer : COFCO International LTD
Location : Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 9SJ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business, Administration, Finance and Law
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01776
Vacancy Short Description : This is a great opportunity to join a global agri-business with clear vision, strong values, and a positive culture. We are looking for a Business Administrator Apprentice to assist with the organisation of the execution and delivery of commodities.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 9- 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3 for an Intermediate. Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Ipswich or Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability
Vacancy Full Description : In this role you will be working in our logistics team, which is responsible for the movement of commodities from farms to end receivers. We require someone who can grow within the company and become commercially aware, quick thinking and able to maintain high standards of accuracy.
The successful applicant will be trained and supported in the following responsibilities:
• To assist with the control of purchase/sales data input onto the computer and to utilise the scope of current computer systems.
• To assist with the checking and filing of incoming contract confirmations.
• To assist with printing, checking, posting, and filing of all contracts.
• To assist with weight ticket entry onto the computer system.
• To assist in the matching of both purchase and sales contracts, ensuring that minimum mileage and transport costs are incurred whilst contractual specifications are complied with.
• To assist the transport section in ensuring that commodity movements operate in a planned and efficient manner.
• To be responsible for checking and filing all necessary paperwork, including all tickets and transport paperwork.
• To accurately maintain administration systems/statistics/documentation to the satisfaction of the business.
• To develop a satisfactory working relationship with farmer suppliers/customers in order that existing business is not threatened, and new business may be gained.
• To assist in maintaining the Company’s registration of TASCC ensuring that all relevant Codes of Practices and documentation comply with this scheme.
• To develop sound working relationships with all internal personnel and departments of the Company.
• To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday only 8.30am-5pm
Salary : £ 168.75 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 16/08/2021
Possible Start Date : 23/08/2021
Personal Qualities : Team Player
Desire to learn
Skills Required : Good communication and listening skills
Future Prospects : Opportunities to progress to logistics and transport roles.
Training to be Provided : No regular college attendance required.
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks
Other Information : This role demands a certain level of confidence in using a computer and Microsoft Office.
This can be a high pressured fast moving working environment.
The map below shows the employer's location