Job Title : Finance Assistant Apprentice
Employer : All Saints C of E VAP School, Laxfield
Location : WOODBRIDGE, IP13 8HD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business, Administration, Finance and Law
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01764
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to begin a career as an apprentice financial assistant.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
Vacancy Full Description :
The successful applicant will be trained and supported in the following:
• to process invoices from each of the ASST school offices using the Trust finance system PS Financials (PSF)
• to process monthly funding remittances into PSF
• to input school income and receipts into PSF
• to generate sales invoices as required
• to assist in maintaining and updating information held on Management Information System (Arbor)
• to reconcile supplier statements with PSF purchase transactions
• general liaison with suppliers, contractors, school offices
• to assist in monthly budget reporting to schools and preparation of management financial information
• to assist in internal and external audits
• to run aged debtor and aged creditor reports monthly from PSF and monitor supplier accounts
• to assist in the year end stock takes
• to undertake general ad-hoc administrative tasks including answering the phone and assisting with queries
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 4 days 9am-4.30pm 30 mins unpaid lunch. 1 day allocated to day release at college.
Salary : £ 150.50 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 23/07/2021
Possible Start Date : 02/08/2021
Personal Qualities : Ability to use own initiative
Well presented, polite and well spoken
A keen interest to begin a career in finance
Skills Required : Ability to work as part of a team
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to prioritise tasks
Excellent organisational skills
Good problem solving
Future Prospects : For the right candidate who proves to be hard working, professional and diligent in successfully completing their apprenticeship the long-term prospects of a full-time role are excellent, with a noteworthy increase in salary once apprenticeship is complete.
Training to be Provided : AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting level 2
An Accounts/Finance Assistant is an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within the business. This would include basic bookkeeping duties, working with sales and ledger, running calculations, to ensure that records and payments are correct. The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their occupation.
Other Information : Please bare in mind the remote location of this position.
The map below shows the employer's location