Job Title : Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
Employer : Shotley Primary
Location : Ipswich, IP9 1NR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Education and Training
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01759
Vacancy Short Description : An ideal opportunity to begin a career as a child care professional undertaking the new Teaching Assistant L3 Standard
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 9- 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3 for an Intermediate. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Ipswich or Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability
Vacancy Full Description :
The job role and apprenticeship training includes the following responsibilities:
• Undertake safeguarding training every 3 years
• Understanding how pupils learn and develop
• Using appropriate technology to support learning
• Working with teachers to understand and support assessment for learning
• Observing, recording and reporting pupil’s participation, conceptual understanding and progress to improve practice and assessment for different groups of pupils
• Keeping Children Safe in Education
• Praise; provide constructive and specific feedback and support pupils, helping them to achieve their maximum potential socially, emotionally and academically through peer marking and reflection
• Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
• Working to current guidance including ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ Part 1, safeguarding policies, Prevent Strategy
• Understanding the importance of sharing relevant information, in a timely manner with the designated Safeguarding
• Work collaboratively and constructively with the whole school team.
• Engage professionally as appropriate with outside professionals.
Number of Positions Available : 3
Working Week : Mon-Fri Hours and times TBC
Salary : £ 150.50 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 21/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/09/2021
Personal Qualities : You will have a warm caring and sensitive nature
You will be well presented to reflect the nature of our professional role.
You will be reliable and a good time keeper
You will be passionate about beginning a career in education
Skills Required : Ability to work as part of a team
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to prioritise tasks
Excellent organisational skills
Good problem solving
Future Prospects : For the right candidate who proves to be reliable, enthusiastic, with the diligence to learn and successfully complete their apprenticeship the prospects of a full time role are excellent
Training to be Provided : Teaching Assistants work in Primary, Special and Secondary education across all age ranges encompassing special educational needs and emotional vulnerabilities. The primary role of the Teaching Assistant is to support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning, in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress. The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their occupation.
The map below shows the employer's location