Job Title : Electrical Apprentice
Employer : DPS Electrical Contractors LTD
Location : Great Blakenham, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP6 0LW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01752
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to begin a career as an apprentice electrician undertaking the new Installation Electrician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 9- 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3 for an Intermediate. Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Ipswich or Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability.
Vacancy Full Description : • Install, maintain and design a wide variety of high quality electrical systems. From domestic and commercial electrical installation, to fully integrated smart homes, renewable energies, car chargers, CCTV and WIFI networks
• We are looking for an electrical apprentice to assist with the day-to-day electrical work within the company
• The role will be varied and you will be required to assist the engineers on site with 1st and 2nd fix electrics and testing
• You will also be involved with a large variety of other electrical systems such as smart homes, wifi networks and CCTV
• We are looking for an individual to be forward thinking and proactive. The role will test your technical skills and hopefully teach many new ones. We are a professional team and aim to create an enjoyable atmosphere on site
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Fri Shifts TBC
Salary : £ 172.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 05/07/2021
Possible Start Date : 12/07/2021
Personal Qualities : Motivated
• Forward thinking
• Willing to learn
• Sense of humour essential
Skills Required : Proficient with hand tools and small power tools (drill, impact driver etc.)
• Able to carry out work to instruction
• Knowledge of domestic wiring systems, zones and routes
• Knowledge of the various components used within first and second fixing
• As stated, all experience considered as training will be given
Future Prospects : A full-time role within the company is likely for the right candidate who proves to be hard working reliable and with the diligence to complete their apprenticeship successfully
Training to be Provided : This occupational route will work on the installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of low-voltage electrical and electronic devices and appliances. In addition, Installation Electricians must understand and apply the principles of planning and selection for the installation of electro technical equipment and systems in buildings, structures and the environment. The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their occupation.
Other Information : When applying please bear in mind the location.
This role covers a wide range of locations and therefore a driving licence would be an advantage.
The map below shows the employer's location