Job Title : Trainee Dispenser Apprenticeship
Employer : Suffolk Primary Care
Location : Debenham, Suffolk, IP14 2SY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business, Administration, Finance and Law
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01736
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic Opportunity to begin a career as a medical receptionist undertaking the Customer Service L2 Apprenticeship Standard.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
Vacancy Full Description : The purpose of the role is to:
• Offer general assistance to the 3 dispensaries within Debenham Group Practice
• Project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
• Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
• Correctly hand out prepared medication to patients in a safe manner
• Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the three dispensaries, including the provision of photocopying, managing tasks within clinical system and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
• Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
A detailed job description under the following headings will be discussed on interview:
Health and Safety
Equality and Diversity
Contribution to the implementation of services
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday hours to be covered between 08.00 – 18.30 up to a maximum of 37 hours
Salary : £ 185.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 14/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 28/06/2021
Personal Qualities : Willingness to be trained and developed
Ability to use own intiative
Flexible approach to work
Well presented, polite and well spoken
Skills Required : As this role requires travel to multiple sites a driving licence is essential
Ability to work as part of a team
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to prioritise tasks
Excellent organisational skills
Good problem solving
Future Prospects : The qualifications and experience gained on this Apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector.
Training to be Provided : Qualification: Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard College Attendance: All assessment and training is undertaken in the workplace Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks. There may be the occasional need to attend either the Ipswich or Rural Suffolk (Otley) campus for short training courses and tests.
Other Information : You will be expected to cover the three Debenham Group Practice locations (Debenham, Otley and Grundisburgh) therefore a driving licence is essential
The map below shows the employer's location