Job Title : Apprentice Hair Professional
Employer : Diane Taylor-Matthews & Charlotte Taylor
Location : Market Place, Hadleigh, IP7 5DN
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Leisure, Travel and Tourism
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01735
Vacancy Short Description : This is an exciting opportunity to begin a career as an apprentice hair professional whilst benefiting from exceptional training in a busy family run business.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirements and current/pending GCSE results will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
Vacancy Full Description : Professionalism and values
• Demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry
• Have a commitment to quality and a positive attitude to team working
• Work under pressure
• Observe time management and self-management
• Show a willingness to learn
• Complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard
• Meet organisational and industry standards of appearance and observe professional ethics
Behaviours and communication
• Greet clients in a friendly manner
• Choose the most appropriate way of communicating with clients
• Be helpful and courteous at all times and adapt behaviour in response to each client
• Respond promptly to clients seeking assistance
• Establish client expectations and needs
• Explain clearly any reasons why the client’s needs or expectations cannot be met
• Willingly undertake wider salon duties, including reception duties where appropriate
Safe working practices
• Maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods;
• Adhere to workplace, suppliers’ or manufacturers’ instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products;
• Meet legal and organisational requirements;
• Maintain the client’s modesty, privacy and comfort.
• Minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue.
• Promote environmental and sustainable working practices;
• Ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry, organisational and local authority requirements
• Correctly use Personal Protective Equipment.
• Creatively assess the client’s requirements; examine the hair, skin and scalp; facial characteristics including face shape, skin tone, hair colour, lifestyle and suitability; conduct visual checks and any necessary tests on the hair, skin and scalp; advise clients on services or products; identify the client’s hair characteristics and hair classification; advise clients on hair maintenance and management
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Use products and tools, use massage techniques, use shampoo and conditioning products
• Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
• Use a range of cutting techniques including one length, fringe cutting, precision cutting techniques, scissor over comb, texturising, layering techniques, graduation and clipper work
• Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
• Use a range of styling tools and equipment to create a look including blow drying, hair-up styles, setting and dressing, finger drying, plaiting/braiding and twisting and using additional hair
• Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
• Complete a range of woven highlights including T-section, half head.
• Full head using temporary, semi-permanent, quasi-permanent, permanent colour application, and basic colour change (depth and tone) techniques
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Shifts TBC over 5 days to include weekends
Salary : £ 129.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 14/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 12/07/2021
Personal Qualities : • Willingness to be trained
• Ability to use own initiative
• Flexible approach to work
• Well presented, polite and well spoken
Skills Required : • Ability to work as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to prioritise
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good problem-solving
Future Prospects : The long term prospects of a full time roll are excellent on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : This apprenticeship standard will enable you to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques, style, finish hair, create a variety of looks, colour, and lighten hair. You will achieve a qualification on programme with the support of an assessor, and be fully prepared to undertake a final trade test of a range of client services to achieve your apprenticeship. You will also learn how to work with different hair types, from straight hair to curly hair. You will be taught how to also carry out consultations with clients and promote further services and product ranges. The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their occupation.
Other Information : Please bear in mind that you will be on your feet for most of the day.
The map below shows the employer's location