Job Title : Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprentice
Employer : Broadway Colours Ltd
Location : Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8NQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01713
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to begin a career as a maintenance and operations engineer apprentice with a prestigious local company
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3 for an Intermediate.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Ipswich or Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability.
Vacancy Full Description : • Carrying out routine inspections and servicing all on site equipment
• Minor plant modifications, assisting with new plant modifications and installation of new equipment
• Assisting with breakdowns and maintenance upkeep
• Update risk assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Complete all necessary documentation to include shift reports and maintenance logs
• Perform any other reasonable duties requested by the management team
A Technician will understand:
• first principles relating to the operation and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment
• relevant industry health and safety standards, regulations, and environmental and regulatory requirements
• maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures covering a range of plant and equipment
• the relevant engineering theories and principles relative to their occupation
A Technician will apply their knowledge of plant and systems to safely perform maintenance and operational activities with minimum supervision.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mondays to Fridays 8am -5pm
Salary : £ 263.60 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 30/04/2021
Possible Start Date : 14/06/2021
Personal Qualities : You will be a good time keeper, flexible on hours to meet business needs.
You will need to work both independently and as part of an experienced team.
Skills Required : You will have a passion and enthusiasm to begin a career as a maintenance engineer.
You will be willing to learn combining education with practical skills
You will have a minimum of GCSE or equivalent grade 3 in English, maths and a science subject
Future Prospects : For the right candidate who proves to be hardworking and flexible in relation to their role along with the dedication to successfully complete their apprenticeship the long term prospects of a full time position are excellent.
Additional training such as a scissor lift, abrasive wheel course and 18th edition wiring regulations can be given.
Training to be Provided : The Maintenance and Operations Engineering technician roles covers a range of job roles in the Engineering industry. They will maintain safety, integrity and effective operation of plant and equipment in one or more industries that are part of the broader national infrastructure Engineering Sector. The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their occupation.
Other Information : There is a requirement to travel to Suffolk New College Ipswich one day per week so the chosen candidate must be willing to travel there and back to fulfil their College requirements.
The map below shows the employer's location