Job Title : H.R. Apprentice
Employer : Concertus Design and Property Consultants Limited
Location : Ipswich,, Suffolk, IP1 1RR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business, Administration, Finance and Law
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01704
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to launch your career in business with a HR apprenticeship, working for a well-established and prestigious local design and property consultancy.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 9- 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Ipswich or Suffolk Rural (Otley) campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability.
Vacancy Full Description : You will gain valuable experience working within a collaborative team whilst also gaining a qualification that teaches you the fundamentals of employment law, people management and business strategy. With supported study leave, amazing benefits and the opportunity to be part of a progressive and innovative culture, this is the role for you if you enjoy a challenge and are dedicated to building a career that involves working closely with people.
• To work collaboratively within the HR team and assist with administrative tasks
• You will report to the HR Manager on the delivery of the day to day for the HR function as required
• Work flexibly to support delivery across the business
• Take ownership for your own personal development
• Liaise professionally with all employees at Concertus
• Work collaboratively with suppliers and other external parties
• Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact when responding to internal and external enquiries
• Contribute to the preparation and review of staff policies and procedures
• You will be able to effectively deal with confidential data/ issues and use your discretion
• You will organise and maintain employee records using HR systems
• You will assist with all HR administrative duties including the sign in check, scanning and filing
• You will assist in the maintenance of Concertus HR policy and procedure, ensuring it is up to date and fit for purpose
• You will assist with any sensitive HR matters
• You will support with the wider Business Team administration and support where required
• You will assist with any other adhoc administrative duties
• You will keep up to date on developments in HR policy and procedures to ensure compliance with GDPR regulation
• Maintain knowledge of relevant systems and technology in support of the business function
• Create a positive and professional first impression of Concertus
• You will work cohesively across all departments, supporting the HR Executive in the implementation and enforcement of HR policy and procedures
• You will liaise where necessary with the appropriate external bodies involved in staff performance and health and safety
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Either 9am – 5pm with half hour break or 8.30am – 5pm with hour break, agreed on a day by day basis.
Salary : £ 153.55 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 12/04/2021
Possible Start Date : 10/05/2021
Personal Qualities : • Customer focused – you put the customer first.
• Shows initiative – you come up with ways of improving how we do things
• Well organised – you plan and prioritise your work to ensure that deadlines are met. You have the ability to plan and multi-task and can
• Work to strict deadlines
• Willing to learn – you want to acquire new
• skills that will support you in your role.
• Flexible attitude – you are prepared to work flexibly to deliver the service
Skills Required : • Confident using the Microsoft Office package.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Able to work effectively under pressure.
• Strong communication skills. Have an interest in pursuing a career as a H.R Professional
• You will be an exceptional communicator.
• You will engage, ask, listen and relay information accurately.
• You will have exceptional time management.
• You will deliver outputs on time and keep the teams informed of your progress and changes quickly.
• You will provide work to an exceptional quality which ensure you get things right first time.
• Professional, friendly and honest – Builds good relationships with colleagues,
understands the importance of confidentiality.
• Attention to detail - Able to deliver clear and accurate information
• Team worker – You work collaboratively with your team to achieve better outcomes for customers.
• Service deliverer – You focus on delivering a service that provides great outcomes for our customers.
• You will have a minimum of GCSE grade 4 or equivalent in maths and English with good IT skills
Future Prospects : For the right candidate who proves to be hardworking and flexible in relation to their role, along with the dedication to successfully complete their apprenticeship, the long-term prospects of a full time role are excellent. Concertus believes in investing in its people and developing their careers alongside business success.
Training to be Provided : The work is likely to include handling day-to-day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, ranging from transactional to relatively complex, from recruitment through to retirement. They will typically be taking ownership for providing advice to managers on a wide range of HR issues using company policy and current law. The apprentice will complete an End point Assessment to demonstrate that they can perform knowledge, skills and behaviours in their occupation.
Other Information : You will be joining a busy HR team who works collaboratively and supports other functions such as Marketing and Finance. The right candidate will be able to prioritise workloads, have a keen eye and the patience for detail and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment. For those who work hard, are committed to the role and support the business culture the role is extremely rewarding and the business culture makes it a great place to work.
The map below shows the employer's location