Job Title : Beauty Therapy Receptionist
Employer : Image Salon
Location : Ipswich, Suffolk, ip4 2as
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Professional Studies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01661
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to begin a career in the beauty industry as a receptionist working for a prestigious local company.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirments will be emailed an Intial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your prefered location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Inital Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
Vacancy Full Description : Knowledge
• Knowing your customers
• Understand who customers are.
• Understand the difference between internal and external customers.
• Understand the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt style to be highly effective.
• Understanding the organisation
• Know the purpose of the business and what ‘brand promise' means
• Know your organisation’s core values and how they link to the service culture.
• Know the internal policies and procedures, including any complaints processes and digital media policies that are relevant to you and your organisation.
• Meeting regulations and legislation
• Know the appropriate legislation and regulatory requirements that affect your business.
• Know your responsibility in relation to this and how to apply it when delivering service.
• Systems and resources
• Know how to use systems, equipment and technology to meet the needs of your customers.
• Understand types of measurement and evaluation tools available to monitor customer service levels.
Your role and responsibility
• Understand your role and responsibility within your organisation and the impact of your actions on others.
• Know the targets and goals you need to deliver against.
• Customer experience
• Understand how establishing the facts enable you to create a customer focused experience and appropriate response.
• Understand how to build trust with a customer and why this is important.
• Product and service knowledge
• Understand the products or services that are available from your organisation and keep up-to-date.
• Use a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport, determines customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery.
• Depending on your job role and work environment:
• Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills, along with summarising language during face-to-face communications; and/or
• Use appropriate communication skills, along with reinforcement techniques (to confirm understanding) during non-facing customer interactions.
• Use an appropriate ‘tone of voice’ in all communications, including written and digital, that reflect the organisation’s brand.
• Influencing skills
• Provide clear explanations and offer options in order to help customers make choices that are mutually beneficial to both the customer and your organisation.
• Personal organisation
• Be able to organise yourself, prioritise your own workload/activity and work to meet deadlines.
• Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
• Demonstrate patience and calmness.
• Show you understand the customer’s point of view.
• Use appropriate sign-posting or resolution to meet your customers needs and manage expectations.
• Maintain informative communication during service recovery.
• Developing self
• Take ownership for keeping your service knowledge and skills up-to-date.
• Consider personal goals and propose development that would help achieve them.
• Being open to feedback
• Act on and seek feedback from others to develop or maintain personal service skills and knowledge.
• Team working
• Frequently and consistently communicate and work with others in the interest of helping customers efficiently.
• Share personal learning and case studies with others, presenting recommendations, and improvement to support good practice.
• Equality – treating all customers as individuals
• Treat customers as individuals to provide a personalised customer service experience.
• Uphold the organisations core values and service culture through your actions.
• Presentation – dress code, professional language
• Demonstrate personal pride in the job through appropriate dress and positive and confident language.
• “Right first time”
• Use communication behaviours that establish clearly what each customer requires and manage their expectations.
• Take ownership from the first contact and then take responsibility for fulfilling your promise.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Shifts to cover: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 9am-4pm 1 hr lunch
Application Deadline Date : 25/09/2020
Possible Start Date : 05/10/2020
Personal Qualities : This role is customer facing so you will be the first impression of the business.
You will understand the need for your personal presentation to be off the highest standard and the importance of the customer service we offer to all our clients.
Skills Required : Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Ideally a good standard of English and maths.
Future Prospects : A full time position with further training and development are excellent for the right candidate who proves to be:
Hard working, flexible on hours to meet business needs and with diligigence to complete their apprenticeship successfully.
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Standard Level 2 including Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Other Information : Pay Rates: The current NMW rate for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour with effect from 1st April 2020. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in the industry with a contract of employment
Shortlisting/Interviews - Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close before the published cut-off date should suitable candidates be found.
Things to consider : This can be a busy salon and you will need to be able to prioritise your work load.
The map below shows the employer's location