Job Title : Horticultural Apprentice
Employer : Vortex Grounds Maintenance & Services Limited
Location : Norwich, Norfolk, nr4 7pn
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Agriculture, Horticulture and Animal Care
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01647
Vacancy Short Description : An exciting opportunity to begin a career as an apprentice Horticultural Grounds person with a company dedicated to delivering outstanding quality & service to each and every client.
Qualifications Required : 4 GCSE’s incl. Maths & English A-D/9-3
Vacancy Full Description : As a Groundsperson, you will be responsible in preparing and maintaining sports surfaces so it can bring the best possible playing conditions. You could be working with but not limited to:
• Use and service ride-on-mowers and equipment.
• Preparing areas for seeding and planting
• Preparing & maintaining planted areas.
• Maintaining all aspects of grounds maintenance for schools, parishes and businesses including establishment and maintenance of hedges, planted areas and playing surfaces.
• Maintain, repair & identify methods of improvement to the condition of sports and playing surfaces.
• Sports line marking out and over-marking.
• Use and service non-powered and hand held powered tools and equipment
• Maintain and develop outstanding professional personal skills.
• Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 40 hours
Salary : £180.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/03/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/04/2020
Personal Qualities : You should have a passion for horticultural work, this might be as simple as being involved in either gardening or allotments.
You will appreciate the physical nature of the role as well as wishing for a career that is predominantly outdoor work.
Skills Required : Please refer to the qualification entry requirements for this position.
A passion to learn new skills as part of your apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : Landscape Operative Standard Level 2 including Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Other Information : Work will be in Norfolk and Suffolk
Things to consider : Please bear in mind the physical nature of this role.
You will be working outdoors so at times you will be hot wet or cold.
The map below shows the employer's location